Saturday, August 22, 2015

Our First Grader and more

Phoenix (and sometimes Axel when he is not in camp) were really starting to enjoy story time again. Here is Phoenix doing an art project after story time. This was our last story time for a few months as Axel is back in school and Phoenix is in daycare on Thursday because I am working 4 days a week.

On Fridays we continue to go to Jack Fischer Park. Phoenix loves going and she has several friends she looks forward to playing with. 

It was a bit cooler than it usually is so Phoenix wore my jacket. What a cutie! She borrowed a friend's rocket blaster and had over 30 minutes of fun watching the rocket blast into the air.  
 Last Saturday we went to Braylin's second birthday party. Almost all of my pictures turned out blurry so I don't have many to share. We were glad to take part in celebrating her special day.
 I love this picture of Axel enjoying a cupcake. It was decorated like a ho-ho because it was a a ho-ho cupcake with cream in the middle. Yum!

 On Sunday we went to Josie and Dilinger's 4th birthday party. It was at a local park and we were all melting from the heat. I forgot to mention that Braylin's party was moved inside because of the severe heat (105) and the dangerous air quality from all of the fires. The air quality was a lot better on Sunday, but not great.
 The kids somehow managed to have fun despite the heat. Axel and then daddy had the painting artist paint a flash symbol on their left arm.
 Axel later had a rainbow painted on his right arm which daddy thought looked like our favorite rainbow ball. I forgot to mention on our last post that Axel started tying his shoes on his own. He has known how for awhile, but is finally skilled enough to get it tight enough and double knotted so that it doesn't come on done. Just another example of how our little boy is no longer such a little boy.
 On Tuesday at 5pm Axel and I got to see who his first grade teacher was. He was on the class list for Mrs. Boehm. She was a second grade teacher that is a surprise first grade teacher this year because her son is in second grade at Marshall Lane and she didn't want any issues.
After we swung by Marshall Lane we then headed to Axel's first soccer practice Tuesday night. Axel and Phoenix had a blast. 
Here is the team with the three coaches and of course little Phoenix! It was really fun watching Axel enjoy himself so much, but even funner to see little Phoenix mixing it up with the boys with her pinkalicious soccer ball. 

 Proud daddy capturing a picture with Axel before bed after his first practice.
 Wednesday morning was Axel's first day of First Grade!
It was such a different experience compared to last year.
Keith and I struggled to get Axel to take pictures with us. He wanted to get right into his classroom and get to work. We were able to get one family photo and one picture of him in front of his room. I thought it was very funny how Axel really didn't even want to give me a hug or kiss. He is very used to going to class by himself because he goes to morning care. On Friday when I brought him to school I had to remind him to say goodbye to Phoenix and I. This is a big wake up call for me as he begins to become more and more independent from here on out. Keith and I are very proud of him and can't wait to see what this year brings!

The rest of the week brings more fun. We have Axel's school picnic on Friday, his first soccer game on Saturday, a birthday party on Saturday evening and a good bye dinner for Annika on Sunday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment