Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day and Baseball Practice

Angela started potty training Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Here is Phoenix on the toilet last Thursday when I went to pick her up after work. She hadn't had a bowel movement all day so Angela was trying to get her to go. I ended up catching her squatting while she was playing a couple of hours later and quickly slid the toilet under her. She was so upset with me that she wouldn't finish going in the little potty. I tried to act excited that she went in the potty, but she had decided from that point on, she is not going to use the potty at home, period. She ended up finishing in her pants while we were walking Louis in the park after dinner. She now only goes at Angela's. I don't want to push her so we have been 100% diapers at home the past few days. I will be curious to see what happens at Angela's tomorrow. 

On Friday I was able to join Axel at school for his Valentine's exchange.
He was working hard to get his paper airplane Valentine's into his classmates bags.
After the exchange of Valentine's was Axel's favorite part....cupcake time!
Here he is with Claire, Teagan, Jensen and Liam.
On Saturday I made Axel heart pancakes that apparently taste better than regular pancakes!
Daddy surprised mommy with flowers and beets! He had planned to make his own arrangement out of fruits and vegetables, but ran into these flowers while in the process. He decided buying the pre-made flower arrangement was easier, but still wanted the organic golden and red beets :)
The kiddos were surprised with a new bat and glove. Axel needed a bat for baseball and Phoenix wants to do everything Axel does so they were both happy. We headed to baseball practice after breakfast. Here Axel and Daddy are doing jumping jacks.
Phoenix is trying to catch, throw and hit all at the same time she is watching the warm up.
Daddy and Axel skipping along.
Axel and Daddy having a blast running liners.
Our little hitter...... Axel hits and throws fairly well. We just have to work on the catching and fielding, but that will slowly come with practice.
The boys ran around the bases at the end of practice. Phoenix wanted to run too.
Here is Axel coming down the home stretch into home plate to complete his second baseball practice ever! He really seemed to enjoy himself. We hope he will continue to have fun even if he doesn't continue baseball in future years.

Axel has off of school this week. I only have to work a couple of days. We are looking forward to family picture on Thursday, a fun birthday party Thursday evening and a get together with friends on Saturday. Hopefully, I will be able to post pictures of Phoenix and the family next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment