Axel and Phoenix continue to grow closer in their friendship as brother and sister. Phoenix loves to feed herself and anyone else she can. She got creative in the picture below by feeding Axel his yogurt with her hands. She has been really into learning how to use a spoon, brush and toothbrush. Speaking of tooth brushes I forgot to mention that Phoenix had her left top front tooth come in on her birthday and then the right and left top incisors have also come in over the past few weeks and now Phoenix has 6 teeth!
Axel has started to become more dare devilish himself. Watching other big kids he has started going down the slide head first. Phoenix quickly follows him but she goes feet first on her belly.
Besides sharing food, Axel and Phoenix make music together, ride the push bike/indoor scooter together, play peek a boo, play in the tent with stuffed animals together, cook in their kitchen together and
their favorite of all, play in the bath together!
They especially love it when daddy joins them because daddy thinks of funny games like putting the foam animals all over their bodies.
Keith and I love seeing the two of them enjoying each other. It is so much fun. You can see from the picture below how much Phoenix wants to be like her big brother.
She continues to be a little dare devil herself. Here she has Axel's marker in her hand because she was pretending to draw on the dry erase board, but she was easily distracted by this small chair. She absolutely loves to climb, stand and jump on small chairs. It is awfully cute, but extremely nerve racking as Keith and I await the inevitable fall that will come one day as she rocks the chair back and forth too much and topples over on her face.
The big news of the week is that Phoenix started walking! Friday February 7th after her nap and snack I set her down on the floor. When I looked up at her she decided to take a couple of steps. I quickly grabbed my phone and was able to capture her first trek across the kitchen. It was as if she decided she was finally ready and was so happy and excited about the event. She continued to walk the rest of the night and continues to practice her walking throughout the day.
Because Phoenix has had 3 teeth coming in all at the same time she has been randomly self soothing her gums with a bottle nipple and occasionally a Binky. I love this picture and her love for dogs, stuffed or real :)
Auntie Shannon bought Phoenix some girlie accessories for her birthday. I decided to put this on Phoenix and show her in the mirror how cute she looked. She absolutely loves it. She takes it off and then tries to put the head band back on. Absolutely adorable :)
Axel continues to be a joy as he becomes even more articulate and self aware of his emotions and feelings. He decided he wanted to make his Valentine's for school. He remembered a project of making soap in his arts and crafts book. We headed to Michael's and purchased the necessary supplies and now we have 4 packs of 4 soaps for his teachers and 30 smaller heart soaps for all of his classmates and a few other friends. It took about 6 total hours, but Axel had fun every minute of it and wanted to make even more soap since we had some left over supplies. I suggested saving the supplies for another day :)
On a side note we have been enjoying the rainy weather and play dates with friends. Next up is a Valentine's Day party at school on Friday, a birthday party on Sunday and then a week off of school where the kids and I plan on visiting Auntie in her new house and Grandma Susan. Another birthday party and a Monster truck show follow for a busy and action packed 10 days!I finally have Phoenix's one year photos and all of them are in envelopes. I intended to address them and get them in the mail, but the rain made me change my mind. Now that we have a break in the rain I do hope to get them in the mail by Tuesday so keep your eye out for a photo in the mail!
No comments:
Post a Comment