Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas, Carol Stream, Christmas, Christmas and Snow

Santa was extra nice to the Szolusha household this year. Christmas morning we woke up and opened our stockings. We enjoyed some yummy french toast and lattes before starting the main affair. 

Axel, as last year, had to read and play with each present before opening the next. He was able to open all of his gifts in two hours this year.
Phoenix was not interested at all, but had fun playing with our old toys while mommy and Axel opened her presents. Daddy did manage to put her new helmet on, which fit perfectly.
Here Axel helped me open my special gift. Daddy got mommy new diamond earrings!!! They are absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. I had been wearing ones that Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce got me 17 years ago until one finally fell out when I was taking off my helmet at work (or so I think). The posts wore after that many years since I wore the earrings almost every day for 17 years! I was sad to see one get lost, but super excited that the replacement earrings that daddy purchased me were more my size for every day earrings now. I haven't taken them off but to clean them!

Santa brought Axel the 100 piece magnatiles. He absolutely loves them. I can't believe at how creative he is. Some of the creations he builds are remarkable. I will have to start getting photos of them.
Santa brought Louis a new harness and lots of yummy bones. Now that Louis is an old man, 11 years old, this is him excited! (just kidding)

My Aunt Susan got the kids these really cool cards that are ornaments that you put together. Axel enjoyed doing both his and Pheeny's.
After the opening of gifts the kids played while we did laundry and packed for our trip to Chicago land.

Grandma and Grandpa picked us up at the airport. It was pretty late so I put Phoenix down to sleep, but Axel was too excited to go to bed right away. First stop was a mini snow ball fight in the front yard.
 Then Axel had to check out Grandma's Christmas tree. Finally after checking everything out I was able to get him to sleep.
 In the morning Santa delivered gifts apparently and we had Christmas again! Pheeny was again more interested in the paper and doing her own thing, but Axel had a field day opening all of the new gifts.
 The big hit of the day was Grandma and Grandpa's gift, a leap pad.
 After breakfast and gifts we headed out into the snow. As you can see it was really warm out! I think it got into the mid 40's and the snow started to melt. Good thing is we were able to make snow angels, have another snow ball fight and build a snow man.

 Our snow man has a funny hat on him, but wasn't bad for our first snow man. We found out that daddy is an absolute expert at forming snow man balls.
 After our snow man was finished it was time for sledding. Axel had a blast! He even went over small jumps and flew in the air. Axel absolutely loved the snow. I was so glad he was able to enjoy it. We actually lucked out with warm weather so he was able to play outside for a couple of hours without getting too cold.
On Saturday we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's villa for yet another Christmas. This time it was with all of Grandma Sonia's family. We had so much fun visiting everyone. I need to get the picture of the entire family together!
On Sunday we were able to get back in time to watch the Bears lose! Everyone had fun cheering for the bears. Here is the cutest picture of Axel in his new jersey with Grandma and Grandpa.
On Monday we visited my best friend from college. Her house is like a toy store so the kids had a blast. She has three kids of her own so much fun was had by both the adults and the kids.

We lucked out and got an early flight home on Tuesday since our early Wednesday morning flight was cancelled. We rolled into our driveway a quarter to midnight. We were happy to start the new year at home!
We hope you all enjoyed your holidays! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment