I started trying this very expensive hypoallergenic rice cereal for the past four days, which she doesn't seem to want to eat. the good news is that she doesn't seem to be reacting to it. today I tried banana mashed up with the rice cereal and she ate most of it. She did throw up a small amount, but had no other reactions. I might be pushing the solids too much with her getting over a stomach bug, but it is challenging for me to be getting up multiple times at night to feed her. I have started to think that her GERD is becoming more of an issue and might try to put her on medication. I want to wait just a bit longer though, because I rather not put her on medication.
Axel, on the other hand has had a great week of sleep and has slept through the night 4 nights in a row. If he continues this week he is going to get to camp out in the pinball room with daddy. I hope that he succeeds, because I think it would be a fun experience for him. You will have to check back next week to see if he was successful.
Phoenix is such a funny little girl. She wants to grow up so quickly and do everything that brother does or any other kid for that matter. Here Pheeny is at 7.5 months trying to ride brother's first scooter bike.
She is just a little too short to sit on the seat and completely touch the ground. I am sure within a month she will be tall enough and have it down pat.
Phoenix and Axel continue to "play" more often together. Axel is really great with her most of the time, however, there are more moments than I want to recollect where he is just all over her and her space, taking away the toys she is playing with. It is mostly for attention and I am hoping this is something that he will grow out of quickly!
Phoenix loved this drum that Axel use to play with when he was younger.
She had a ton of fun banging it as brother was busy stacking these plastic blocks. The funny thing about this picture is that I got the blocks out for Phoenix and the drum out for Axel and they both were interested more in what the other person had so they nicely switched. They played long enough for me to get dinner started.
This random picture is because I was so incredibly excited that the one somewhat ugly/boring succulent that I had suddenly flowered. How awesome that even the succulents that don't possibly look like they can flower, produce a flower. This particular succulent was the one given to Grandpa Bruce from Auntie Shannon's wedding. I thought it was nearly dead several times, but magically it came back. Actually this entire pot of succulents are all from Auntie's wedding. Beautiful, huh?
Speaking of Auntie Shannon, we had a nice short visit at her house yesterday. We went to celebrate her birthday, which is today. As Uncle Ryan said, she was celebrating 30 for the 6th time this year :) Her and Braylin are doing great. Happy Birthday Auntie.
Yesterday, we also had our new babysitter start. Both kids did great with her and Axel loves having a babysitter. He is really excited that Genna will be coming every Saturday morning for a few hours. Keith and I are even more excited that we will have 3 hours together every week and more family time the entire weekend.
I tried to capture an updated picture of the kids together, but I wasn't very successful. This was the best that I could do.
Here is a prime example of Axel wanting to take away the recorder from Phoenix, but giving in to sharing it :)
This afternoon we had fun family time playing in the park. Axel is getting really good at hitting the ball. You can see he has a great natural swing.
Phoenix also had some fun playing in the park as well.
Here is my last attempt for the day to get a cute updated picture of the two of them. Axel pushed Phoenix backwards, but atleast they are both smiling!
No comments:
Post a Comment