We ordered a new 9 foot Christmas tree on black Friday and it arrived on Tuesday! Axel and I were so excited we spent over an hour putting it up and shaping the tree. Daddy also joined in on the fun when he got home from work. Wednesday was all about putting up the lights and Thursday Axel and I spent the day putting up Christmas ornaments.
His favorite part about decorating came when I found the colored glass ball ornaments in the attic. His first thought was "bingleballs" from the Grinch. Here he is reciting a few lines from the movie and pretending he is the Grinch.
It is absolutely adorable hearing him pretend to be the Grinch.
Here he is looking at more bingleballs that he took down to organize, fix and then re-hang on the tree. I had to tell him that he cannot continue to play with them because they are made of glass and are really designed for decoration purposes only. He finally got the point when he broke one and is now extra careful only replacing or rehanging a couple per day instead of every single bingleball that he can reach (which is nearly all 36 of them since he wouldn't let me help him hang them on the tree.)
Here is the finished product. The only thing we are missing is a tree topper. We haven't found an LED lit star one that we all like so we might not get one until next year, but that is okay by me. I rather wait and find the perfect one than to buy one just for the sake of having one.
Axel continues to have a great imagination. He is very inventive. When I got out of the shower yesterday I found him with the tape making his own train of trucks. It was cool to see him figure out that the tape stays better with an anchor tape perpendicular to the tape attaching the trucks. I had to put a limit on the use of the tape only because I really didn't want the entire roll of tape consumed for this one project of his.
We went to the doctor on Thursday just to double check Axel's skin and this dry cough he has been having. I am proud to say that Axel weighs 29 pounds with his clothes on. I knew he was getting heavier and that it wasn't just me getting weaker! It is funny though, how Axel always tells me how strong he is and that he needs to help me lift and move things around the house. He is the best helper anyone could ask for. I have been so blessed with how much he is growing up. He has helped me every step of the way over the past few months. He helped me put together his new furniture, he helped me go through baby clothes, organize his sister's room, decorate his room and his sister's room, decorate for Halloween, Thanksgiving and now Christmas. I love what a great helper he is and hope it continues.
We have lots of fun activities coming with the holidays upon us so check back soon for more Szolusha fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment