Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Fun

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving will be here in a few short days. The Szolusha's had our annual pre-thanksgiving feast with our close friends. We had a great time and our 20 lb turkey was full consumed in 20 minutes flat!

Axel continues to amaze us. As you can see from the picture he looks like a little "big" man. I love his hair this short because it does make him look more mature. 

We had a week long of very cold weather. We had to bundle up more than we are use to for this time of year. Axel asked me as the car window was defrosting why we weren't driving one morning this week. I told him because the wind shield was iced over and I couldn't see out the window until the frost was completely gone. Daddy came to the rescue after 5 minutes by pouring some hot water over the windshield so I wouldn't be late for work !

 Axel's babysitter, Annika, was on the varsity volleyball team this year. We had the privilege of watching them play in the second round of tournament play for the state championship. Unfortunately, they lost, but we had fun cheering her on.

 You know it is officially the holiday season in the Szolusha house because you can smell pumpkin in the air! Here Axel is helping daddy make yummy pie crust. We have now made and consumed 5 pumpkin pies so far this year.

This past Thursday, Axel and I were able to see the happy bird show again. This time it was at the Los Gatos library. It was just as good, if not better than the first show we saw last month. 

 As I mentioned we had our annual pre-Thanksgiving turkey feast yesterday. We had a wonderful time and want to thank our friends for sharing in the holiday spirit with us. Here is Axel playing with Alex. Alex turned 2 in August and is the son of Keith's study partner from MIT. It was really cool to see the two of them hanging out. Axel read to Alex for nearly an hour and showed him how to use the potty like a big boy. This was the best that they have every gotten along. Alex is finally old enough to interact with Axel and Axel loves to play with kids he can be in charge of. I think that Axel is finally ready to be a big brother.

Axel has found a new love for pinball again. He has been playing over the past two weeks and has become quite good at it. Here is a short video of him playing a ball. You may be able to tell that he is not just trying to hit the ball, but he is trying to aim for the colored back board in order to open the eyes and get to play double ball. I can't believe a 3 year old can pick up on strategy, but obviously my son is a product of his father and completely gets games. I am not sure if I mentioned previously, but Axel is really into any type of game. We now play uno, gold fish, candy land, chutes and ladders, bingo, and zingo. He also is getting really good at hitting the ball from both sides as well as throwing with both arms! As Axel says he is strong in both arms. 
Axel has also started to come a long way with food again. I have make a pack with myself that he needs to eat the food that I cook, so most nights he is actually consuming the dinner that I have prepared. Only a couple of times per week do I let him eat a quick meal of macaroni and cheese while we eat fish or something a bit too spicy for his liking. It is one of the most exciting things for me as a parent to only have to cook one meal for the entire family!

We want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment