I am sorry for the delay in posts, but as you may have guessed from the title I was a bit under the weather, which means no new posts! I will back track to where we left off almost a month ago! It is hard to believe that much time has passed. It looks like I never shared about Axel's and my playdate at the Palo Alto Museam and Zoo with my friend Tiffany and her daughter Avery four weeks ago today. Axel always thoroughly enjoys himself. He loves both the animals outside as well as the cool science projects inside.
I discovered Axel's first mole the other day as he was being Mr. Silly and wearing the neck of his shirt around his chest.
Three weeks ago Axel and I had a marathon weekend. On Saturday we drove to Auntie's house in Oakland, then the four of us caravaned to Orinda to ride a super long and awesome kiddie train.
We also stopped by the park's small farm as animals are always a big hit with Axel. We all then headed to Benecia to visit my Aunt Cindy and second cousin Kaylee. After a fun filled day, Axel and I then headed home.
As you can see he was extremely tired as the day did not allow for any nap time. He slept most of the hour drive home :)
On Sunday we woke up and packed the car then headed for Vacaville to watch daddy race. Grandma Susan met us there. We enjoyed a not so delicious Italian lunch and then a walk to a grassy field where we enjoyed watching daddy and the other racers fly by. The visit was short, but we were really glad to catch up with Grandma Susan.
Axel has read several books over the past year about caterpillars, cocoons and butterflies. For over 6 months after bath time Axel pretends that he is a caterpillar inside a cocoon. He then pretends to be in there for 5 weeks (that is the amount of time he picked when he first started doing this). He use to turn into a beautiful butterfly and flap his wings, but for the past couple of weeks he decided he wants to turn into a cat. So now he turns into a lovely cat that meows, while we cover him in aquafor and put his pj's on.
Axel is just over 3 feet tall and weighs about 27lbs. I loaned or bumbo chair to a girlfriend whose son is now 5 months. She gave me back the chair because her son's thighs are too big to fit into the chair. She gave me her tray. Axel was very curious and before I could even set the chair down he climbed into it and placed the tray on. He then proceeded to play in it. The following day he wanted to have his snack in the chair. I finally managed to get it up into the attic today. Axel is still wearing 24 month/ 2T clothing, but his feet no longer feet into the 12 month socks. We went today and bought 12 pairs of 2-3T socks. So slowly but surely he is growing.....just at his own pace :)
I gave Axel a hair cut this past Saturday. Here are a couple of pictures of how cute and old he looks with his new short hair. I think he looks absolutely handsome and like a little, big boy.
We wanted to give a shout out to Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce for their 23 years together.
We want to wish Auntie Shannon a very happy 35th birthday tomorrow and last we want to wish an early happy birthday to Grandma Sonia!
No comments:
Post a Comment