Our summer months continue to be busy. It seems every weekend we have a BBQ or two. The past couple of weeks have been a little rough for me as I have been trying to recover from a virus I must have picked up with our travels. Summer colds are always difficult because life seems busier and rest seems less common. Luckily, I am slowly getting better, despite the sleep deprivation from watching the Olympics and out busy social schedule. Axel appeared to have the same virus but he was well within a couple of days. Like father ,like son; they both have awesome immune systems.
A couple of weeks ago Axel decided he wanted to help me fold the towels. He was a great sport and followed instructions quite well. I think he is a natural :)
Last Friday Axel and I met Rishaan and his mother at Vasona Park. Axel and Rishaan had a blast going on the train and playing in the park. Here they are in the fake airplane flying to Boston and Georgia (per Axel and Rishaan, respectively).
Last weekend was a hot one. Axel wanted to play on the slip n slide. He had more fun playing around the slip n slide and with the "football" players it came with. I was cracking up watching him :)
Last weekend Axel also received a few gifts in the mail from his great Aunt Lois. Axel was so intrigued with the musical spoons that she brought to Boston I asked her if I could purchase some for him to have. She quickly responded with, "I have children ones at home that I give out to the students when I do my children's program". Great, I said. And low and behold just a week later Axel has his very own at home. He absolutely loves them and is constantly playing along with music from a CD or with something he is singing himself.
Last weekend Axel surprised me when he got up from his nap (his only nap in the three days he was at home). I heard him opening and closing his dresser drawers and then I heard him go to the bathroom. After a minute or two, I went to check on him because he didn't come running out like he usually does. Instead, after changing his clothes, he decided to comb his hair with water. I was extremely proud to see him so proud of himself for being a big boy.
For the first time ever Axel said, "Mommy, I want to use the fancy cart" at the grocery store. He has ridden in one of these before a year or two ago. I think this was at Home Depot or something of the sort, but he lost interest in it and has never asked to ride in one again. I was proud of him for wanting to do something new. He was very cute and had everyone we passed laughing. He kept saying, "beep, beep", to anyone that was in the aisle and made great sound effects to the steering wheel moving and us trying to make the turns from aisle to aisle.
We went to two BBQ's last weekend, which made our days action packed. This weekend has been nice and mellow. Keith left yesterday afternoon for a race and arrived home this afternoon. Axel and I have had some great down time playing inside, outside at the park, and watching the Olympics. He was missing daddy this morning and decided to make a game up that included him preparing to go to daddy's race. Here he is all ready to go. Luckily tomorrow we will be going to watch daddy race two races in the afternoon so Axel won't have to pretend.
Next weekend is another busy weekend with three birthday party BBQ's. Keith's and my four year anniversary is this coming Wednesday as well. I probably won't find time to write, but definitely check back in a couple of weeks for some possibly exciting news!
No comments:
Post a Comment