The summer is flying by. We continue to have a non stop busy schedule. I believe the day after I posted last time Axel and Rishaan beat the heat by playing in the slip n slide that Axel received for his birthday. They didn't quite use it for slipping and sliding, but they had fun running through it as if it were a sprinkler system.
I have been getting together with a friend for weekly walks and afterwards her daughter, Sadie, and Axel play together. Sadie is 6 months younger, but they get along quite well. They are super cute together. Here they are riding bikes. Axel was being shy and didn't want his picture taken so he turned away.
We met my friend Tiffany and her daughter at a park in Menlo Park the other day. I captured a few pictures of Axel playing before they arrived and then somehow forgot to take pictures the rest of the morning. He found new confidence in himself with this rocking toy. You can just see how much fun he is having and how proud he is of this new accomplishment.
Thursday was my birthday and the boys spoiled me with Sushi and Cake. For those of you who know Keith he loves to bake. This was the first cake in six years that he bought instead of make because I REALLY wanted an ice cream cake.
Axel loved the cake and has had a piece every night for the past 4 nights. I just asked him for a bite of the last piece and he said that he wasn't sharing. That is my boy......claim your ice cream :)
Today Axel played with the "other Axel", Axel Gabriel, who lives down the street. They had a blast playing in the sand and mud. Axel Keith was the dirtiest he has ever been, covered in mud and sand, which required a bath before nap time.
Keith raced today and had a blast. He pulled off a 4th place in the Master's field and managed a good pack finish in a very fast pro field. It was really nice to see him working hard because it has been a long time since he has been pushed in a race and felt satisfied with just finishing. His legs cramped the last lap of the pro race, but I think that was due to the bottle of port he drank the night before at our first BBQ with our beautiful new grill.
We had a dozen friends over for some good times and food. We were having so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures. I wish I would have gotten photos of Axel playing with Louis in the yard because it was quite a sight to see. We had a great time seeing our friends and Auntie and Uncle Ryan and want to thank everyone for coming. We hope this restarts our past BBQ tradition of frequent gatherings with friends and families.
Next up is Keith's birthday next Sunday and our trip to Boston. I hope to write a short post before leaving, but I may not post until we get back.
I will leave you with Axel and Keith singing me happy birthday. Boy, does Axel love birthdays! And don't worry, we blew the candle out together and he was very happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment