It looked awful to me as it reminded me of road rash. How on earth could he get something like this? Well, Axel proceeded to tell me the story of how he fell going up the cement stairs into Angela's house. It is still hard for me to believe that he fell going up stairs and that was the result, but he was in such a great mood and continues to be a happy camper without a complaint. That is great news! I have a tough, big boy now!
Axel continues to amaze me at how smart he is. He figured out his magnetic balls and sticks, stick to his trains. He was extremely proud of the long "choo-choo train" he made. He just wasn't happy I was trying to take a picture of it :)
Speaking of smart and thoughtful, today while on our morning Burley ride Axel told me, "Mommy, be careful", "Mommy, go slowly", after I descended a small twisty roller. I thought it was really funny because in the past he has wanted Keith or I to pull him fast, in circles or in squiggly lines riding side to side.
Axel is learning to be a charmer. Daddy insists on teaching him to tell me I am pretty or that I look nice. Well, last night, as I closed the door to his room, he said, "Mommy I like your shirt." What! I am wearing a plain pajama top, I thought! "Thank you Axel, good night Axel," is what I said. I had a big smile on my face as I walked down the hallway. How on earth did he come up with that, at this time of the day?
Axel still has this fascination with pretending to be a doggy. Last night we received a box that has now become his dog cage. Here Axel is in his dog cage.
We spent all morning today playing in his dog cage. Axel also likes to play fetch. He uses a plastic top to one of his containers as his "frisbee" and asks me to throw it for him. Sometimes during snack time if he is eating pretzels I throw them for him and he picks it up with his mouth. I don't want to necessarily encourage the behavior, but at the same time I don't want to ruin his imagination.
The big news of the week is that Axel has all four of his 2nd molars coming in or in. He has really been biting on "Bunny" the past month or two. My suspicion was that he was teething. Yesterday, I finally took a look and saw the right bottom one completely in and the other three over half way in. It is hard to believe he now has all of his teeth and that in just a couple of years from now he will begin losing them and getting his permanent teeth.
Axel is absolutely a blast. I wish you could all experience him first hand. He is funny, sweet, loving, charming and incredibly smart. I will leave you with a clip of his funny/crazy side. Sorry if the clip is side ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment