I got Axel all bundled up as if he was going skiing. He was so overheated by the time that we were back in the car he immediately started stripping. The successful thing was that he didn't mention being cold once, which allowed me to feel good about taking my sick child out in the 40 degree weather to see Christmas lights.
After riding on the train around the park they offered a free carousel ride. This was the first time that Axel actually make it without crying or getting off before it started. This was also the first time that I took him to a place that allowed the parents to ride with their children. He had so much fun he kept telling me he wanted to ride a camel again in the future. The funny thing was this carousel is composed of only horses.
The following day while we waited for Santa Claus to park his sleigh and rein deers on the roof of Westgate shopping center Axel rode on Clifford for the first time. It is really fun for me to see how much more brave he is becoming and that he is starting to enjoy rides like this. I can remember how much I enjoyed them growing up so I hope he continues as well.
Santa arrived walking slowly with his cane. Axel quickly became his shy self. We were the first people of the day. Santa spoke with a soft gentle voice as he asked Axel what type of train tracks he wanted. Santa said he would be sure to tell his elfs to get started on making them and kindly gave Axel a candy cane. Axel then did a great job of consuming his first candy cane ever, with little instruction from me. I told him these candies are easy to choke on and that he needs to lick or bite through the hard candy. He then took it gave it one lick and bit right into it saying, "mommy I won't choke on it." he is just like his daddy in the sense that he can chew hard candy like that.
We have dinner plans with our neighbors again so Axel gets to play with his new friend Rishaan. Tomorrow we have another little party to go to so the crazy holiday fun continues. It is hard to believe Christmas is almost here. Next week we are having our Christmas gathering with Auntie Shannon and Grandma Susan and Grandpa Brian so for Axel gift opening starts next week!
Check back soon for more fun filled moments of little Axel!
No comments:
Post a Comment