
Axel turned 2 and a half at the end of September. It is hard to believe the little guy is growing up so quickly. He seems to understand more emotions and situations and is able to make conclusions about situations. For example, he asks me, "Can we talk." He then wants me to ask him how his day was. He will then proceed to tell me who he played with, what he did, what he had for lunch and his emotional response to each. "I cried mommy." And then he will tell me why he was upset. "Mason sat in my chair." or "Brandon took my train away from me." He will even ask me, "Mommy, are you sick?" "Do you need to rest?" If I look tired or uncomfortable. He often wants explanations to why I or somebody responds with a sound effect. He is absolutely adorable in his complete innocence and I hope we can maintain that as he is exposed to more and more life situations.
Since our last blog, we have been busy putting a new HD antennae on the roof and replacing the sink faucet. Although, I don't have the picture of our big antennae, here is the faucet progject at a stand still. We had to have a neighbor help loosen the rusted nut with his pipe wrench. The only trouble was getting the big pipe wrench around the nut. There wasn't enough space under the sink. Luckily, with lots of sweat and a beer each, the two of them got the old faucet out and the new faucet in.

Our family had the stomach bug. Axel did fairly well. He did have a number of small accidents in his pants, but he never full out went diarrhea in his underwear. He always managed to get to the potty to finish even though he had a little spot each time. Luckily, that cleared up after 10 days and he is back on track with very few accidents. While we had the stomach bug Keith and I decided to do a puzzle together. Well, I helped the first night with the border and separating the pieces, but by the second night, Keith almost had the whole thing finished. I went to lie down and rest at 8pm, but ended up never getting up. I fell asleep for the night and Keith worked on the puzzle until 11pm. So much for helping. Keith was gracious enough to leave the last piece for me to put in. Such a loving husband :)

One evening after picking up Axel from school he decided to play with a brown paper bag. I happened to have a creative moment and turned the paper bag into a little costume. Axel had so much fun being a paper ghost. I told him to scare daddy when he got home from work. It put a big smile on Keith's face.

Keith had his last race of the season the last week in September. He did fantastic and won his first race in over 5 years. He was awesome to watch, although it was a bit nerve racking because it was raining and there were several crashes throughout the race. Luckily, he stayed upright and took home the win, plus two primes.

Axel had a blast as well and was a natural at being up on the podium.

Axel was so tired from all of the fun he fell asleep on the way home. Of course, while eating some animal crackers.

Axel continues to become more creative in his play as well. It is because of this elevated train track that daddy thinks Axel might end up an engineer.

Here he is pushing his truck around with his bag of "tools" and "friends".

Ok, time to do the next post on our trip to Lemos Farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment