
Saturday morning Keith and I were able to go on a ride with his college buddies. We had a lot of fun, but Axel had more fun than us. When we returned we found Axel's hair up in a "pony tail" and a glow in the dark bracelet around his wrist. WHAT!!! Well, I still haven't heard the reason for the pony tail, but the bracelet is really cool because it does glow in the dark so I could understand why Axel liked it so much.

Axel has been fascinated with candles and night lights for about a year now. Every time we go into the "sea room" he always takes the whale night light and plays with it. Here he is in deep thought about his beautiful light, minus the fish attachment.

We had been struggling with dinner and bed time routine for the past few weeks. Luckily I finally wised up and decided to give the ultimate of all decisions. I told Axel he could join us for dinner or play with his toys. The catch was that if he did not eat dinner his movies were going to go away until he did eat dinner. The funny thing is he has eaten dinner all week without a fuss, but at the same time has not watched a movie or even asked once for it. I will definitely wait until he asks me to watch a movie.

I mentioned the Winnie the Pooh that Axel found at my Aunt Gina's house. Well Grandam Sonia fixed up Pooh's nose and mailed it to us. It arrived yesterday. I thought Axel would be really excited, but he just showed about 20 seconds of excitement and then went about whatever else he was doing at the time. However, when book time came Axel was really happy to have Pooh there to read with him while daddy read a Winnie the Pooh adventure.

Well, this morning the first thing Axel wanted to play with was Pooh. Axel also wanted to take Pooh on our bike ride and then he wanted to take Pooh into the grocery store.

When we got home from our ride and stop at Safeway we took Louis for a walk. I gave Axel the choice to leave Pooh at home or carry Pooh with him. He decided he wanted to take Pooh with. Axel made it to the driveway before complaining that Pooh was too big to carry.

So I gave him the choice of bringing Pooh back into the house or to continue on carrying Pooh. He decided to continue to carry Pooh.

Pooh eventually ended up on the park bench while Axel played in the park and Louis sniffed around. I was really proud of him for suffering the consequences. He did a great job of getting Pooh up and down from the bench as well as carrying Pooh home.

Axel continues to do well with the potty. He had his 3rd accident this morning in bed, but only 3 accidents in 3 weeks is much less than I expected for going cold turkey.
Axel started the "why" phase a couple of days ago. I thought for some reason this wasn't suppose to start until age three, but somehow we lucked out. We are all getting about a hundred "why" questions for everything. It makes me crack up when he asks "why" a dozen times for the same answer.
Last I leave you with a great picture of Louis. Louis is quickly approaching his 9th birthday in October, but still gets misjudged for a puppy all of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment