Monday, June 13, 2011

Home

Axel loves being home. I think he is going to be a lot like his parents in that sense. We are just people who love spending time at home, whether that includes playing games, having people over, or cooking dinner. Life is good when you can lounge and do what you want to do when you want to do it. It is for similar reasons I think Axel loves being at home. "I want to play with Louis mommy." "I want to go outside, mommy." Axel go to the park and play in the sand, mommy." "I hungry mommy." The list goes on and on. He loves being at home so much, it is often difficult in the mornings to get him to day care happy.

This morning was one of those mornings he was not a happy camper. First, I rudely woke him up. Then I asked him if he wanted to wear his dinosaur pajamas or if he wanted to change. He said he wanted to change, but then threw a fit when I changed him. He wanted bunny to stay in his crib sleeping, yet he wanted bunny to go with him. He wanted to stay home and play with his toys, but that wasn't an option.....he cried the entire time getting dressed, riding the mile to day care and 5 minutes at daycare. I finally got him calmed down and Angela took over as she always does a brilliant job. I really can't blame him for loving being at home.

Speaking of home, we finally have a fully functioning computer, our fan for the kitchen came in, since our old microwave fan went on the fritz a couple of months ago. We are trying to install the fan and are looking for what to put on the wall as a back splash to the stove since the granite that is there was cut out for the old microwave and now we are left with a 2x 1.5 foot section of 20 year old wallpaper :). We are patiently waiting the death of our refrigerator since it is on its last year of life. We are also patiently awaiting the fence guy to contact us and get started in replacing our fence. And finally, we are patiently getting quotes for the demolition and remodeling of our back yard. We are about 6 quotes in and still aren't getting the numbers we hope for, or getting people we think will do quality work for the money we are asking. It is really funny because these lawn and irrigation people think we are crazy....we are surely the only Californians we want more grass and less landscaping. We want our children to be able to play baseball, volleyball, soccer, etc. The more grass the better.

Ok, back to Axel. Axel and I visited Grandma Susan this weekend. We were only there for a day and a half, but we had lots of fun. We went out for dinner and Axel did the best he has ever done. he sat in a high chair for the first time and he ate the food at the restaurant. I had a small tortilla made for him and he made it into a chip taco. He only ate half of it, but I think he really enjoyed it. I missed out on a couple of great shots with Grandma and Axel, but I did manage a couple of shots of Axel himself.

Axel has been playing more with our neighbor who is a year older than him. Max is a little more bossy and wild and Axel often gets frustrated while playing, but I think it is the start of a beautiful relationship :) Here they are along the trail that runs behind the park that is across the street from our house.


Axel loves to be the center of attention and "funny man". No matter if we are at a barbeque or at my mom's work meeting stranger's Axel knows how to make people laugh. He does this by making one of his funny faces or by sticking out his tongue, or by doing his favorite magic trick.....hiding an object in his hand and asking, "where did it go?" Here is a picture I managed to get of him being silly in his stroller.

We went to my annual work picnic on Sunday. I took several pictures, but not very many turned out. Here is one of the few that "kind of" turned out. Axel had a blast playing as usual. He tends to focus on the sand, but we managed to get him running up and down hills and playing tackle with daddy in the grass.

Just in case I don't get a chance to post on Father's day I wanted to include a great picture that I managed to take when Grandpa Paul was here. Here is to a great weekend for all of our Father's next weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment