
Axel went on another fun "field trip" with mommy. This time we met up with some of my co worker's and their kids. It was really fun. Axel went on his first ride. He had fun for the first half of the ride before he decided he didn't like it. The funny thing was he acted like he wanted to get on it again so I put him on it again just to have him cry the whole time. Both Maria and Milo, who are both two, did a great job of taking care of Axel while they rode together.

Axel was also able to pet and feed the sheep and goat. He had an absolute blast and squealed with delight as he ran/walked after them (holding on to my hand of course) and calling them all doggies. I am bummed I did not have my camera on me for this. I also did not get to capture him climbing up the play equipment or going down the slides with me or his first ride on the carousel. He actually didn't like the carousel. I think it was a bit too long of a wait for it to start and he had already pet Mr. Gorilla and was ready to be done.

Axel continues to develop his personality and often decides he doesn't like to be changed. I often loose the wrestle match and Axel walks and plays half naked for awhile until I can find the perfect object/toy to distract him with. If this phase continues for much longer I am threatening Keith that we will have to go to disposables, although I don't think Axel's skin will like it very much.

Speaking of skin, Axel's skin has been horrible again. He had blood all over his sheets from him scratching so much that he bleeds. We ran out of prescription medication. I am now using the aquaphor 4-5times per day which the doctor says if his skin stays hydrated he shouldn't need the prescription medication. I am NOT convinced, but I don't know if I want the side effects of long term topical steroid use or the other options which have a low chance of leading to lymphoma.
Anyone with any experience please advise!!!
I will leave you on a happy note with Axel being his creative and fun self. First is a video of Axel dancing and second is a video of Axel's favorite new game. He remembered the tent and tunnel at Grandma's house and decided to make a similar game with his high chair. I was surpised at how clever he was when I first saw this a few days ago, but now it is a part of his daily routine.
Hey Bri,
ReplyDeleteLandon has dry skin and has plenty of scratches and scars from it. Speak to your doctor or a dermotologist, but I would recommend using the prescription. I have had bad Echzema my whole life and have used the steroidal ointment when I needed to. It makes a HUGE difference in the itchiness, and I have not really noticed any side-effects.
Ultimately do what you feel is best, but as someone who has lived with it for almost 30 years, it makes a big difference. Good Luck!
-Dustin